Friday, July 16, 2010

In Limbo

Well, I have officially been a graduate for almost a month now. It's a strange feeling. I couldn't wait to get out, and now I'm hesitant to move on (although I am ready/needing to move on). Gone are the familiar friends, strangers, and teachers. Gone are the familiar hallways and classrooms. Gone are the Friday night lights, walking through crisp air into the electric stadium as the cheers ramped up and the marching band played stand tunes in preparation for our next football victory. In all honesty, gone is my biggest love-hate relationship. Stone Bridge was my second home and I was blessed to attend such an amazing school, although sometimes I couldn't stand it. The variety of emotions I felt there and the variety of experiences I had there are hardly describable and the only testament of what Stone Bridge did for me is the person I am today.

So now I wait to embark on my next adventure, Brigham Young University. Many question why I chose BYU over the Air Force Academy, letting go of a dream in the process. All I can say is that I did what felt right in my heart, no matter how hard it was. I'm excited to get out to BYU to see what adventures I'll have there, who I'll meet, and who I'll become. I'm just about a month away, so I'll try to enjoy this month as my last month before officially becoming an adult.

Limbo is a really fun game, until it becomes your life. I can't wait to get on with my life and stop bending over backwards in limbo trying to figure out how to handle this transition and this whole growing process. I guess I could work harder on trying to enjoy it as part of the ride, but as with most everything in life, that's easier said than done.

1 comment:

  1. From millions of different games in the world, it HAS to be limbo? You're a weird fellow.

    ReplyDelete